Monday, April 12, 2010

Foursquare

Remember when Twitter seem like a fad? Now everyone has a Twitter account. Foursquare is the next Twitter.

Foursquare is a location based social networking service allowing users to "check-in" to specific locations using their smartphones. Foursquare is a game; you earn points for "checking-in" and the person with the most points at a specific location becomes the mayor of that spot. However simple it sounds, Foursquare is quickly rising in popularity and provides users a new way to enhance their social network.

Foursquare also provides businesses the advantage of free advertising. Restaurants are now giving away promotions every time someone "checks-in".

Check it out! Foursquare

4 comments:

  1. Seems way too creepy for me - not sure if I want to further enable my stalkers :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed creepy, not a fan of foursquare. It always seems to come on my facebook mini feed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw that you can log into kogod and get a free gift at the front desk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really intense. I always thought of four square as the game with the ball and 4 squares. Now it is an application with Twitter! Technology is so confusing! I almost wish I lived in the 1920's where you almost didn't have telephones!

    ReplyDelete