Saturday, February 13, 2010

We Will Find You

Mobile Social Network Software, or MoSoSo, is down right scary. According "Students' New Best Friend: 'MoSoSo'", under-25s are the hot new market for using GPS combined with cyber-social networks to find people. Anyone. All the time. All you need is phone.

I'm under-25 and, again, that scares me. I don't want my parents, crazy exs, siblings, and friends to have the ability to know where I am at all times; it feels like an invasion of privacy just thinking about it.

I feel like that kills the term "weekend getaway" and completely kills any chance of the up and coming generations from sneaking out without their parents find out. Do people really want other people to know where you are at all times?

Not me. But, at the same time I definitely can't give up my Blackberry...



4 comments:

  1. Might be time to trade in that Blackberry or iPhone for one of those old school Nokia phones that could play snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, public GPS is very Big Brother-like and definitely freaks me out. From a business perspective, I can see why it sounds like a great idea, but it seems like its over stepping some kind of line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need a little seperation from technology in order to stay sane. And yes we do need weekend getaways, therefore I completely would not jump on this bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is super creepy that people in your address book can know where you are, but there are apparently people that like this type of GPS in their phones, because if they didn't, the probuct would not still be on the market, so I wonder... What is it that people like about GPS's in their phones??

    ReplyDelete