Sunday, February 21, 2010

Link To Me, I Need a Job

There a dozens of different ways to use LinkedIn, from improving connect-ability to increasing the relevancy of your job search. Just look at Guy Kawasaki or The Mashable Social Media Guide or even the LinkedIn Learning Center.

If you don't have a LinkedIn account already, get one. This social media is specifically to help build people's career. It's like a resume online for everyone to see. By connecting with people (friends, students, colleagues, prospective employers, groups, etc...) you have more of an opportunity to network for future job.

4 comments:

  1. Just linked in to you; I'm just gonna keep expanding my network in hopes that one of my college friends becomes a CEO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really use my linkedIn account but I have seen some of my friends who have graduated post job opportunities at their companies, which is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool to watch my upperclassmen friends quickly adapt to LinkedIn and then figure out that using it makes their job process so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LinkedIn is really crazy! If you ever connect to a company, it is pretty cool to see how they update their profiles to find new employees and who they connect to. Take the time to connect to a department at AU. You will be amazed with what you find.

    ReplyDelete